Thursday, October 16, 2008

Super Hyper

I apologize to all my loyal readers. I am, in fact, still here. Lately I have been working on a project, so I haven't had time to do a lot of things - like blog or watch youtube videos or brush my teeth. But now that I'm waiting on some survey information I thought I'd give my teeth a good brush and then blog some stuff.

This blog isn't the nursery pictures blog. The room is coming along nicely, but isn't ready for Better Homes and Gardens quite yet. This is the blog where I write about my trip to the grocery store. Tonight, I was able to treat myself to a solo shopping trip to Target and then to King Soopers. Mothers of toddlers know that there is no greater luxury than to go to the store and actually be able to compare prices and linger over brand decisions. So I wasn't annoyed when I got stuck behind a slow driver on my way to King Soopers.

Then I realized this guy wasn't just slow - he was super slow. And he was doing everything he could do to avoid coming to a full stop at red lights. He was driving 20 in a 40 mph zone. I had heard about these guys on the news before. They call them hyper milers. They put courtesy, safety and other people's time below their desire to squeeze a few more miles out of a tank of gas. Except for this guy wasn't just a hyper miler. He was a super hyper miler. You see, he was driving a Toyota Prius. I figure he must be getting 4,000 miles per gallon.
I'm all for saving a little money, but I would rather buy store brand food and turn the heat down a few degrees than spend all day getting across town. So at my first opportunity, I revved my tiny Korean engine and pulled around the hyper miler, quickly leaving him in the dust. I didn't get fifty miles to the gallon on that trip, but at least I got home in time to blog.

3 comments:

Chris Pivik said...

I really despise hyper-hypos!

Loren said...

Hyper-miling is such a pathetic waste of time and effort. I can't stand it! Get a bike if you're that concerned about saving gas!

Loren said...

Gas @ $1.88 = the end of hyper milers. Good riddance.