So the ol' Subaru Legacy wasn't cutting it anymore. It isn't that I don't love it. It's just that it seemed to be closing in on me whenever we went anywhere but the park or the grocery store. 2 kids plus 2 giant carseats plus luggage plus a choice selection of stuffed animals plus the travel DVD player plus the accompanying DVD collection make for a pretty uncomfortable ride in a midsize sedan. I know lots of people do it and I commend them. I can't. However, because of the Governor's wage freeze, a new car was nowhere in sight.
But thanks to my parents and their new car purchase, we became the proud owners of their Ford Expedition.
(this is technically not it, but it looks just like this and I don't want to go out in the rain and take a picture.)
This is my first biggie size car. I must say that it is very nice to be able to put my giant stroller in the back and still have room for groceries and/or luggage. When I drive it down the highway, I feel like one of those guys that sits in a box on the back of an elephant and looks down on all the common folk. I am also proud that I now own a car that Al Gore might call excessive and wasteful. Anything that fits into that category is a good move in my opinion.
Now my only problem is that I will have a very hard time talking Chris into anything smaller once the Governor decides that it's cool to give people promotions again. Maybe he'll be convinced when I inflict the first door ding on someone else's car in the parking lot... or the second... or the third. Did I mention it's a bit of a tight fit in parking spaces? Well, it is. In the meantime, I will just enjoy riding my elephant box down the highway. And consider yourself forewarned not to park next to me.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
meh, door dings. Still not a valid argument against a vehicle that weighs only 1400 lbs more than the Subaru, has twice as much horsepower and literally 5X the cargo volume behind the back seat.
How fun. Glad to hear that you are doing just the opposite of what Al Gore wants us to do. Way to be your own person.
Plus, it may be even better in the snow then the suburu.
How fun!! Congrats on your new car! It will be so nice to have in the snow!
That's right Rachael! Way to stick it to the man! Especially if the man is Al Gore.
I'm glad the Expedition could stay in the family.
You're right, Al Gore would never want you to own a car that is affordable, safe, comfortable, practical or well-suited to Wyoming. Maybe buying some carbon offsets will make you feel better...
Post a Comment