At the end of the day, I would try to put everything away, but there was no "away". Stacks of toys adorned the family room and the girls' rooms. The huge amounts of toys that were welcomed into our house at Christmas were giving me nightmares. The house was closing in on us. So for the last few days, we have been organizing like it's 1999.
I started with the bow drawer (this is actually an ongoing effort I started a few months ago but have added to in recent days):
I'm very proud of the re-purposed baby food containers.
That felt so good that we decided it was time for Emily to store her toys in her room. So we got some storage drawers for her closet.
Let me tell you - the ability to actually be able to put all the toys in the family room away almost made me weep with joy. And oddly Emily seems much less willing to destroy her own room than the family room.
Then Chris got in on the effort by putting his x-box crap... er... uh... accessories, I mean, into this fabulous storage ottoman.
If you think this is a boring blog, you've never lived in a house with small children. And some days, I envy you.
Next week, I plan on slipcovering my couch to add to the streamlined feel of my reclaimed family room. And, don't worry, I will be blogging about that effort as well.
4 comments:
I love it!! See it's funny because, I was thinking about how much I was enjoying this blog when you made the comment that anyone who found this blog boring has never lived with small children. A point well made. And Chris; props on the wicked-awesome ottoman.
I'm looking forward to the slipcovering. Good teaser for what's coming next.
Three cheers for the x-box crap. We are swimming in that stuff over here as well. I've got to get a hold of one of those ottomans. Now if only the ottoman could literally ingest the devices and we'd never have to see them again...a dream come true...
I would never find your blog boring because you are cleverly (is this a word??)funny, and funny people are never boring.
AWESOME! Can I hire you to come to my house!?! I can't seem to control the endless trails and piles of toys and bathroom items. Yikes. Good tips and it's gotta feel great!
Post a Comment