Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
As promised, here is the tale of how Emily became a princess for a day. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (hereafter referred to as BBB) it is a salon in Disneyland where small girls have their hair, nails and makeup (yes, makeup, it's not like I let her have it on a regular basis) done to be made over as princesses. They also offer an array of very beautifully detailed princess dresses that cost more than any dress Emily owns (thanks, grandma and grandpa for making a gift of the dresses).
From the day Emily learned of the existence of the BBB, she couldn't wait to go. We saw an opportunity to bribe her and made her earn her visit with a sticker chart: 20 days of good behavior. I think it took her 3 months.
Finally the chart was filled and we were officially obligated.
Upon arrival at the BBB, Emily was assigned a Fairy Godmother to facilitate her transformation.
Her hair was princessed out.
Nails and makeup were done.
Glitter, glitter and more glitter was applied (it's in the wand).
And Emily became a somewhat paler and considerably shorter version of Princess Tiana.
When the makeover was complete, Emily asked, "Where's my carriage?". I think she took the promise she would "become a princess" a bit to literally. Evidence of this misconception persisted as she posed with Cinderella moments after her makeover.
"Princesses like to clasp their hands in front of their hearts", explained Cinderella.
Emily really took the princess gig over the top as we walked down Main Street. I looked down to find that she was spontaneously waving and blowing kisses as she walked to everyone she saw. I'm not sure that she wasn't waiting for someone to ask for her autograph.
I am 99% sure that Emily believed in her heart of hearts that her makeover was intended to make her an official theme park princess. Whatever she believed, she was one happy kid.
Although Jane was too young for a makeover, we didn't leave her out of the experience. Emily made sure Jane was decked out properly as Snow White.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was a great experience, worth every dollar (and there were lots of them. Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh how cute is she??? That is so fun! It's things like this that make me want girls :)
Her reaction to Disneyland and the BBB made the whole trip worth it...and worth going back in a couple of years.
They are both so cute! I'm sure Emily will remember that experience forever. Jane with the large red bow may in fact be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Part of me is relieved we don't have to buy a princess dress when we go, and part of me is sad. I'm sure I'll get my chance in about 4 years though.
Post a Comment