Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Decade

Ten years ago today, Chris and I were married in the Denver Temple. It was a miraculously clear and warm December day after a blizzard the day before. We had been planning this day for almost a year and it felt surreal that it was finally here. It was the happiest day of my life.

It's hard to believe that Chris and I have been married for ten years... until I think about all the things that have happened in that decade.

We've survived three of the crappiest rental properties known to man

the stress of having our first house built
one very screamy baby
and one very pukey baby

The last ten years have brought their share of stress, disappointment, and tragedy. But all those things were more than balanced out by the victories

the celebrations


the moments of joy

the blessings

the memories that will last forever

the rare moments of peace.


In the last ten years a lot has changed, but one thing hasn't.

I loved Chris then

And I love him now
 
Happy 10th anniversary to the love of my life. 

5 comments:

Chris Pivik said...

Thank you for this post. I DID NOT get misty-eyed because I am tough as nails.

I love you.

The Jones Family said...

Beautiful!!! Congratulations! I did get misty eyed, because I am a boob and I love reading about your amazing family!!!

Ami Paulsen said...

I got misty eyed because I love you guys. Happy anniversary!!!!

Ginger said...

We drove past the Denver Temple yesterday! Yeah for you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog. I love you both.