There has been a break in the case of the dead fish. Before going to bed this evening, Emily confessed to having removed the fish from its tank several times. These episodes are suspected to have harmed the fish and ultimately led to its demise. It is still unknown if the bobby pins were involved in the crime. Emily is said to have commented tonight as she put the selfsame bobby pins in her hair, "Yeah, I think maybe they hurt the fish when I put them in the tank, but they're dry now".
Emily is reported to have shown some remorse for her actions. Nonetheless her pet privileges have been revoked indefinitely.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay maybe not the perfect pet for a 4 year old. So sad but funny at the same time.
Man, I feel bad for missing the last 3 posts until now! As I was reading the "update" I guessed that she tried to put the bobby pins in the fish's hair. I would have done the same thing, I guess.
So sad.
Amber: You were totally right. Can you imagine how ticked off I would have been if she would have killed a puppy? A fish was the perfect pet for a 4 year old.
Ginger: Thanks for the insight. That's really gross, but the truth is seldom pretty.
How did the aquarium fare?
The aquarium is just fine, gathering dust in the basement until Emily can learn to control a few of her impulses. So we should be digging it out in about 30 years.
Post a Comment