Last week, Chris and I took a fabulous trip BY OURSELVES. As in no kids. As in it was absolute heaven. We started in Seattle, then drove to Vancouver, Canada then took a ferry to Victoria, then drove along the Olympic Peninsula back to Seattle. Since we have about a zillion pictures and there is way too much awesomeness to be contained in one blog entry, I'm going to have to split it up. Today's fabulous city: Seattle.
Okay, I guess I should start with Salt Lake since that is where our flight originated. Why Salt Lake? Because my wonderful parents volunteered to watch the kids and we had to dump them off before we flew away.
Our hotel in Salt Lake was actually on the historic register.
The rooms were historically sized (I know it doesn't show on the picture but it was the size of a cruise cabin).
The elevator was historic (which resulted in us having to haul our historic 100 pounds of luggage up three historic flights of stairs). But it was all fun and all a part of our adventure.
Upon arriving in Seattle, we made straight for the waterfront.
We visited the Aquarium.
It was amazing.
Then we headed for Pike's Place Market.
It made our local farmer's market look like a roadside stand.
Then we took a lovely walk along the waterfront. If you look closely above my right shoulder you'll see a bucket. That, my friends, was the site of the first time I have witnessed public urination. This was an extremely educational trip.
Oh and lest I should forget, we also saw the very first Starbucks. It's amazing how people are willing to wait half an hour in line for the same coffee they can get down the street. To each his own.
Next stop: The wilds of Canada.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you got to have a fun husband/wife trip. I can't wait to see your pics of Canada!
I am SSOOOO jealous that you took a trip by yourselves. My husband and I could probably hit the local grocery store by ourselves for once and we'd be as thrilled as you guys were to visit Seattle and Canada.
I love my children, I love my children, I love my childre..........
Post a Comment