Thankfully, that isn't the case for my family because my kids love a party of any kind and the 4th of July is a great opportunity for a party.
What is it about the 4th of July that makes me feel like I have to eat my own weight in grilled meats and potato salad? I'm not exactly sure, but it somewhere, deep in my heart, it just feels right to celebrate the founding of our country that way.
We celebrated with our framily (That's a new word I just coined just right now. It means friends that feel like family. It should not be confused with frenemies).
The kids were simultaneously frightened and fascinated by the sparklers. There was more than one Harry Potter vs. lightsaber mock battle. Personally, I think Harry Potter would win over Luke Skywalker any day. He's got magic, for crying out loud. The force ain't got nothin' on Dumbledore. However, we did have to outlaw avada kedavra at one point. We run a clean establishment. (*disclaimer* none of the children here have actually seen a Harry Potter movie.)
After the kids were sparkled out, we went to the city firework display.
Hooray for the 4th of July, our freedom, our friends and potato salad in large quantities!
2 comments:
I cannot believe that you got to party with Monica! I've been trying to get in with her for years...and still nothing. What a great holiday for you:)
What a fun 4th of July! I'm glad you had such a nice day! Also your trip to Disneyland looked awesome! I am so jealous! I just may have to start saving up so we can take our kids next summer! We went to Disney World when Hallie was little but my other two have never been! Your pictures are so adorable and I love that your girls got to do the Princess make overs! Oh and by the way you are looking fabulous!
Post a Comment