Sunday, September 23, 2012

How to Get a Free Frosty

They say that you're most likely to cut yourself while cooking if you're using an unfamiliar knife. Last week, this proved true for running in unfamiliar footwear as well. Wednesday night, Jane and I went shopping for new shoes. Her old shoes were seriously small and I thought she would be so much more comfortable in her brand new well-fitting shoes.

The next morning, we received a call to come get Jane. She had been running, tripped and had embedded a rock into her forehead.

We went to our local urgent care and discovered that a preschooler with a head wound gets moved straight to the front of the line. Fortunately, the other patients were very understanding.

I will spare you the photos of the open wound because they still make me a little queasy, but I will say that Jane felt much better after she was stitched up and she was thrilled with how her stitches looked.

(Jane seeing her stitches for the first time after we removed the bandage in preparation for bath)

After urgent care, we decided Jane deserved a treat so we took her to Wendy's for lunch, where we discovered that a preschooler with a head wound gets a free Frosty.

Although the free Frosty almost made the whole thing worth it, I think I will have Jane break in her next pair of new shoes around the house for a few days before they make their playground debut.

1 comment:

Chris Pivik said...

Jane really was a trooper through the whole thing.