Thanksgiving in all its glory occurred this past week. It was the first time in several years that my brother and sister and I were all together for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was at my parents' house here. Those of you who know my parents will say, "But your parents don't live here". You would be correct. They do however have a house here. Moving right along...
I abstained from baking for two weeks before Thanksgiving. This was incredibly difficult for me, but necessary so I didn't have to buy big girl pants on Black Friday. It was lovely to finally be able to bake. I won't bore you with pictures of my food because, let's face it, I'm not a professional chef. It was, however delicious and it was delightful to cook up a storm with my mom and sister.
In order to work of some of the serious regret after the big meal, we played Kinect sports.
and their grandparents. Here my dad is playing "Sweet Baby Jane".
I apologize to my brother for the dent the size and shape of Jane's butt he must have in his lap at this point, but she really enjoyed her time with Uncle Ryan.
Last night, we completed our annual Thanksgiving tradition with our local Christmas Parade. I must say it's pretty strange, but we go and freeze every year for the local flavor. And the girls love that they get to drink unlimited amounts of hot chocolate in the battle to fend off hypothermia.
All in all, it was a fantastic Thanksgiving. Thanks to everyone for putting up with us all weekend.
And now the Christmas season begins. Will I be buying big girl pants at the post Christmas clearance sales? Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment