Jane had her 4th birthday this past week. In lieu of a party we did a special day for Jane. This could be the last year I can get away with this, so I really savored the freedom of not doing a kid party.
We drove an hour south and went to Jumpin'. Which is wall-to-wall bouncy houses. Jane was a bit intrepid at first, but eventually was able to join in the jumpin' fun.
After that, we went to Build-A-Bear (note: if you happen to go to Build-A-Bear in December on a Saturday, plan at least an extra hour into your schedule for standing in line. Also, pack snacks and water for your kids so they don't have meltdowns in said line.)
In the end, it was all worth it. Meet Lucy and Chuck the Girl. Lucy is the one sporting skinny jeans and Ugg boots. Chuck the Girl is modeling a lovely pair of heels.
After the Build-A-Bear expedition, we needed sustenance. Jane chose Carrino's.
When I asked Jane what she wanted for her birthday cake, she said "pink cupcakes". I said I would make some pink frosting and asked her what kind of cake she wanted under the frosting. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "pink cake". So... pink cupcakes with pink frosting it was.
Then she got some loot.
Happy 4th birthday, Jane! (And a big shout-out to Chris who really helped with all the birthday stuff this year on account of the sick joke involving huge amounts of stress and time going on at my workplace right now)
No comments:
Post a Comment