This past weekend requires documenting. Unfortunately, the only pictures that exist are a couple of overly backlit cameraphone shots that could be either of us or bigfoot. It's impossible to tell.
Chris and I like to get away for our anniversaries. Even if it's only one night. Even if it's two weeks after the fact. This year, we found ourselves more stressed out than usual. I was long on work and short on vacation time. The prospect of driving 450 miles to get away for 36 hours seemed a bit daunting. We almost decided not to go this year. But we did it anyway. Why? Because it's important. Because we have the kind of marriage that's worth putting effort into.
We dropped off the kids with my parents (thank you so much Mom and Dad! We owe you BIG!) and went to Salt Lake. We froze our butts off in single digit temperatures trying to catch some of the downtown ambiance. We drank not one, but two, hot chocolates within an hour so that we didn't die of hypothermia. We ran to our dinner reservation after we discovered that running restored blood to our limbs. We ate over-hyped mediocre yet trendy food while we laughed at the uppity couple sitting next to us. We finally gave in to the demands of our frozen fingertips and noses and drove to a movie that was less than a mile away. We end-of-season clearance shopped our hearts out on the way back to RS and we ate a number of Mrs. Field's cookies which shall remain undisclosed.
We had a fantastic time. Thank you Chris for being the kind of person that makes every trip to the outlet stores and every meatloaf sandwich an experience worth remembering for the rest of my life. I love you!
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Like you said, we have a marriage worth putting effort into. It was a great anniversary. I love you. You help me become a better man on a daily basis. I hope someday to be, even the slightest bit, worthy of your love.
I can't imagine a life where you weren't there by my side, sipping hot chocolate, picking out new hot sauces for my collection, eating Mrs. Fields cookies and outlet mall shopping. Thanks for being so awesome.
I got a new phone and forgot to update my google reader account... so I forgot to read blogs for a while. :) Sounds like a great Christmas and a great anniversary trip. We love you guys.
Post a Comment