Last week we traveled to Boise for cousin Donovan's baptism. Since I have neither an endless supply of vacation leave nor an endless supply of sanity, we flew, rather than drove. It turns out that a preschooler with a prosthesis is a big risk when it comes to flying. They frequently carry bombs. Or so the security agents thought. Maybe next time we'll take it off before we get to the airport.
But we eventually arrived in one piece.
Ryan and Amity's ward just so happened to be putting on a 5k fun run that weekend, so we participated.
Emily ran in the 1 mile kids' race.
Chris won the 5k. I did not win. Not even close. But I will always be content to be an "also ran".
My kids spent the weekend tormenting this poor creature, which led to some pretty intense allergic reactions for Emily, which I was happy to treat with Benadryl at bedtime.
We spent lots of fun time with cousins.
It was a good experience overall.
Unfortunately, the camera seemed to get misplaced a lot, so this is about it for our trip.
Next up... end of the school year which has unbelievably not happened yet thanks to 5 full or partial snow days in the last 6 weeks of school.
1 comment:
At least you are a "also ran" instead of a "on the couch icing her ankle again" kind of girl. Way to go guys!
Post a Comment