Sunday, October 6, 2013

Snow Off

 We had our first snowfall this past weekend. It wasn't anything epic, but it was enough to have a bit of a snowball fight with Daddy. Because Daddy's fun like that. Mommy, on the other hand is not a huge fan of being pummeled with frozen water when it's already cold and windy outside. If that makes me not fun, then so be it. I will always be the one who bakes cookies and knows where the band-aids are. That's enough to get a mention in the valedictory speech.



It always sucks when it snows when the leaves are still green. Instead of a cascade of multicolored leaves, we just get shriveled up, faded leaves that are eventually blown off the tree sometime around Thanksgiving by one of our signature 50 mph breezes. I'm not a fan of winter.

Chris also got furloughed on Friday. While he won't be eligible for back pay, he is allowed to take his annual leave so he still gets a paycheck. Right now, we are hoping it will only last a couple days, but we will be just fine as long as it doesn't last longer than a few weeks. And even then, I guess we will still be fine. I mean, we have our health... and a good portion of our looks...

In the meantime, Chris gets to spend some extra time with the kids, which will give him plenty of time to learn all the latest fart jokes. His friends will be thrilled.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

So I have to look up what furlough meant. Man, I'm sorry! That really stinks. I hope that everything goes okay and it doesn't last long.