Saturday, December 21, 2013

Lucky Number 13

Thirteen years ago today, Chris and I got married. It's been a wonderful and difficult thirteen years. I usually like to reflect a bit on our anniversaries and this year I have been thinking about Chris a lot: how much I appreciate him and how much he has grown and changed over the years.

He is a great husband and father. He has been an equal partner in household duties since I went back to work. He loves me and he loves the kids. He shares my sense of humor (without that, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have made it 13 years). He is smart and he works hard. But I think what I love most about Chris' personality is that he keeps trying. I have never seen him throw up his hands and give up: not in college, not professionally, not on being a better dad and husband and, most importantly, not on himself.

I have known Chris since he was 19. I loved him then and I love the man that he has grown into. I am so blessed to be able to be his wife.

I'll sign off with a few selfies from this past summer's adventure in paradise. It's been a great year, Chris. Here's to a million more that are even better! I love you!





1 comment:

Chris Pivik said...

I'm so happy to be married to such an amazing woman. Thank you for everything you do. I wouldn't be the man that I am today if it weren't for your fierce love.

Count me in for the next million adventures!