It all starts with Mother's day, which was lovely because it involved flowers and my favorite Perr Bear Chocolates along with some touching cards from all my family members.
It also involved The Great Mother's Day Snowstorm, which shut down church on Sunday and school on Monday. I'm told it was worse outside the city limits, explaining the cancellations.
Despite the snowstorm, Chris still braved the weather to grill some pork chops for the woman who bore his children. Classy move, Chris.
The kids looked on from a distance.
Four days later, it was Emily's birthday and, by then, the weather was warm and lovely. We had a small scale family party that involved presents.
Most notably a Nintendo DS. I may live to regret this. Serious limits have already been set on account of the nonstop Mario Kart action happening in our house.
After an ample dinner of Emily's favorite ribs at Texas Roadhouse,
we ate cake.
All of this was a lead-up to this coming weekend, when we will hold Emily's baptism and have a big party.
And since this project may never be totally done, I will share a sneak peak of our bedroom remodel. In April Chris and I painted the walls and laid bamboo flooring. Yesterday, he finished the closet he has been working on for several weeks as a birthday present for me.
It's pretty awesome.
This guy makes some seriously classy moves.

No comments:
Post a Comment