Sunday, December 21, 2014

Fourteen

Fourteen years ago today, I married a guy who promised to love me for the rest of my life, eventually get a career and to take out the trash whenever practicable. So far he has lived up to those promises and more. 

This year has been a great and challenging year. 
We've had some pretty big triumphs like:

finishing our bedroom remodel without one major argument

                                  

                                 

Baptizing Emily                                                                           
                                
And going on another wonderful Disneyland vacation. 

                               

One of our greatest triumphs involved Chris starting a new job which he loves. 

(this is a selfie he probably took on a break at work)


We also had some challenges that mostly surrounded a very bad daycare situation for Jane and the fallout that resulted. But even that turned into a triumph after a summer of hard work and a successful beginning to the school year. And in the end Chris and I were closer for having gone through those struggles. 


The decision I made 14 years ago is the best one of my life. It has been worth every bit of work and more. 
This morning I woke up to presents and flowers. 

The presents contained my favorite chocolates:


 And in a truly classy move, Chris remembered how much I loved these nuts from this little shop in Hanalei. He had them shipped all the way from Hawaii.



 Thanks for a great anniversary, Chris. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you!





3 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you guys!

Chris Pivik said...

Thanks, baby. Marrying you has been the best decision I've ever made, too. Worth every second!

Jenny said...

Happy anniversary! You two are a great couple.