Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sleigh Bells and Garden Hoses

I know that it's still technically winter for another week, but I really don't care. The groundhog was wrong. Spring is here.

After all, the chicks are at Murdochs. 


We still have a few reminders of winter hanging around though. 

Emily had her ice show last night. The theme (very oddly) was Winter Wonderland. They played Christmas music? and had Christmas decorations? Well the important thing was that Emily did great.

She looked fabulous:


And didn't fall down once.


She has gone from not knowing how to stay up on the ice last September to being able to skate around the rink in an organized fashion with her peers without falling down. Not even once. I think it's pretty great.


We have had oddly warm weather. Today it was 76° and we were able to go for a walk and bask in the sun. When we got back, the girls wanted to take out the pool. We said no. They said they would settle for squirting each other with the hose. 

We said okay.



You cannot imagine the sheer joy of being squirted by a hose in what is still technically winter. 


I know there will be more snow before the end, but for right now I'm pretending it's summer. It's not hard. 

5 comments:

Jenny said...

You're girls are so cute!

Ami Paulsen said...

Good job, Emily! We love you guys!

Ami Paulsen said...

Good job, Emily! We love you guys!

Chris Pivik said...

I'm so proud of how well Emily did! Also, yay for summer.

Rachael said...

Thanks Jenny!