We kicked off the weekend with a Good Friday Easter egg hunt hosted by our friends, the Martins. It was chilly in the park, but the kids were enthusiastic nonetheless.
Followed by refreshments, which I had decided to abstain from on account of my travel bloat. My abstinence went out the window when my friend Lisa brought out the homemade donuts. Willpower can only get you so far.
While enjoying her loot, Jane decided her toenails were in need of a bit of color. I offered to do it, but she refused, saying she wanted daddy because "daddy is a good painter". Ouch. Oh well, we all have our strengths. And I cannot tell you how much I love seeing Chris interact with the kids. He is an amazing dad.
Yesterday we dyed eggs. Jane's favorite part was when an egg would break. Because then she got a snack.
But most of the eggs survived long enough to get a dip.
It's inevitable that the kids will lose attention during this activity. That's okay. When I pull the eggs out, I don't leave a brightly colored dribble on the counter top.
As usual, the kids need loot.
Their reaction was somewhat subdued. We later found out that was because they had sneaked down before we woke up and gotten a basket preview.
Oh well. We still let them eat candy while we hid eggs.
I love the enthusiasm of the egg hunt.
I think we went a little overboard on the number of eggs. Note to self: There is no need to buy more plastic eggs next year. Your current supply is more than sufficient.
Every few years General Conference falls on Easter Sunday. This year that happened. So we enjoyed listening while the kids ate more candy (and mom and dad dipped in a bit as well shhhhhhhh......)
The kids did their Easter program in church last Sunday on account of General Conference. Somehow in the hubub of leaving town we forgot to get pictures of them in their Easter dresses. Just imagine one girl in a sparkly dress and one girl in a purple dress. Both blond. Both missing multiple teeth. Both adorable. You get the idea.
Happy Easter!



1 comment:
It was a great Easter. Thanks for all the awesome stuff you baked and put together for the family. You're the best.
Post a Comment