Jane's humerus side is back! Yesterday she had her final appointment with the orthopedic doctor and she can go sans-sling! Pictured here, after a small hail storm because I forgot to take a picture of her after her appointment and because this is what we do here. We document the size of hail balls.
She is thrilled to have two functioning arms again!
Here is her humerus halfway through healing...
And this is it yesterday. I think this is super cool. I wish I was 11 and could make new bones so quickly.
Despite the fact that she said she would never ride her bike again, I got her a new helmet today. You're supposed to do that after a helmet's been in a crash. And since broken arms are easier to fix than broken heads, I thought we should heed that advice.
She likes the new helmet. She says she thinks she'll ride again... soon. But not fast and not downhill... not just yet.




No comments:
Post a Comment