The kids went back to school today.
I never thought that would feel so strange.
Emily left before the dawn... off to high school.
I walked with Jane for one last first day of Elementary school.
Both the kids have to wear masks at school. Fortunately, our trip to Disneyworld prepared them for full time mask wearing. Right now, I am just grateful that something exists that helps them be in school... with their friends... having some sense of normalcy. I think if they were told they had to wear rainbow colored clown wigs and plastic raincoats all day they'd do it just to get back to school.
After school, Jane and I made cookies and talked about her day. She likes being the BKOC. She uses her upperclassman powers wisely, striving to help the kinders rather than torment them.
The school district says, barring a huge disaster, they won't send the kids home this year. It's too important for them to be in school. After last spring, I agree. The girls have already perked up and started acting more like their normal selves. I don't want to give that up again.



No comments:
Post a Comment