Monday, December 21, 2020

20 Years

20 years ago, Chris and I were 21 years old. We didn't know much about life but we knew a few things:

We loved each other.
We wanted to be together forever.
We would, respectively, never be able to find another human being who shared our senses of humor with the notable exception of each other.

So we made it official. 

20 years later, we still know all those things to be true. We've seen more, good and bad, than our 21 year old selves ever dreamed of. But we still love each other unreservedly. 



2020 was supposed to be a huge year for us... 5 years cancer free and 20 years of marriage. Both of those celebrations look wildly different than anticipated. I guess that's fitting with the rest of our marriage. Not as planned, but beautiful nonetheless. 

Next year we can have a blowout anniversary date or trip or, really anything that involves leaving our house for more than a couple hours. This year it's enough to know that we're alive, we're together and we're in love.

Happy 20 years Chris!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so happy for both of you.

Jenny said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so happy for both of you.