Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Not Throwing Away our Shots

 



The whole family is officially vaxxed. 

As soon as the first shipments started arriving, I've coveted that precious shot. 

My opportunity came early. The hospital sent me a message in February telling me I qualified based on my unpleasant health history. I jumped up and down, celebrating like I'd won the lottery. Pfizer has become a more desirable brand than Gucci in the past few months. 

The first dose was easy. The second came with a high fever and body aches. It was totally worth it. 


Chris got his early too. He was on a waitlist at a local pharmacy and they called him one Saturday, asking if he could be there in the next 15 minutes. They had one dose left. He was still celebratory, but didn't indulge in a selfie. 

The kids finally got the green light in May. We took them to the clinic after school and it was almost all teens. 


I was even more excited for the kids to get theirs than I was when I got mine. They need to go back to normal life so badly. We haven't been hiding in our house this past year, and they've been attending school in-person since September, but things haven't been normal either. It's been tough. The girls miss regular church activities and in-person school activities. Emily has been competing at speech meets over video. It's surreal. We're done with surreal. We're ready to get back to real. 

Hooray for the vaccines! May they help usher out these dark times. 

No comments: