Saturday, July 24, 2021

Not Missing the Dance

7 months ago, Chris and I passed the milestone of 20 years of marriage. And you know how we celebrated it? In the parking lot of Storey Gym eating Dairy Queen Blizzards and being approached by a homeless man who was either carrying a big gun or fake big gun. We drove away screaming and bemoaned how truly, truly awful our anniversary had been.

We decided to make up for it with Garth Brooks tickets for Frontier Days. At the appointed time, we both signed in to get tickets. I had the tickets in my cart, and then the system glitched. We missed out. 

Now I know it's not advisable to support scalpers. I know it just makes them bolder. But we have missed out on so much lately. So did I sign onto StubHub immediately after we lost our chance at tickets? Yes. I did. Did I pay $900 for a pair of tickets to see Garth? Yes, I did. Do I feel bad about it? Not a bit. Because I wasn't about to miss out on even more. 


We spent an absolutely magical night with Garth Brooks. It was worth every single penny. It was as if the pandemic never happened. 


Happy belated 20th anniversary, Chris! Next year will be better than Dairy Queen. 

 

No comments: