Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Final Frontier

Every time I go I say that this will be my final trip to Frontier Days. Last year I was so serious about not having anything to do with it that we left town. Last night, we made our return to Frontier Days for the first time since the drunken cowboy brawl of 2005 (if you want to know more about this ask Chris).






We had a great time seeing the Thunderbirds in the morning (sorry, I forgot the camera) and then going to the Air Force open house. This is Emily sitting in a helicopter. Despite her facial expression it was a very exciting moment for her.






Since we had so much fun in the morning, we decided a trip to Frontier Park (also known as the belly of the beast the last full week in July) was warranted. Yesterday was, after all, Cheyenne Day and that meant that admission was free and rides were discounted for Cheyenne residents. After riding two rides with Emily, we ate the most expensive, most disgusting gyros available to mankind and decided we were all frontiered out. In spite of the discounts and freebies, we had blown through $54 in an hour and a half.




On the way out, we decided to take Emily by the animal pens. That was a big hit. She was smiling and waving at the cows and horses and kept exclaiming, "Oh! How cute!". Of course, that part was free. Maybe next year we will just drop by and see the animals. That would be fun. But chances are good that we will once again talk ourselves into visiting the belly of the beast, spending money we shouldn't and eating food that will torture our guts for days. Isn't that, after all, what family fun is all about?

1 comment:

Chris Pivik said...

I seriously could have done without that gyro. I'm pretty sure the Greek gods weren't smiling up in Greek god heaven.

But I had a great time with you and Emily!