It's always hard to admit to yourself that you have become too oddly shaped to fit into clothing created for normal human beings, but it has to happen at some point. It's kind of like taking out the fat pants after Christmas... and knowing you're going to have to wear them until Easter.
When I opened the box, they were even worse than I remembered. But I took comfort in the fact that by New Year's they will be carefully packed away again... into the garbage.
7 comments:
You look great. I'm so glad you like me enough to have my kid...again.
That's awesome you made it so far without them though. I had to start wearing my maternity clothes with Simon at about 16 weeks. The hair tie through the button hole didn't do it by then. I'm sure you look lovely. Several months from now, the horrors you have to go through to have a child will all just be a distant memory.
thanks for commenting on my blog! i didn't know you had one and your husband too! this is great. congrats on the new(not new) clothes.
Congratulations, Rachael! I hope you really will be able to get rid of them by the new year . . . if so, you'll be doing better than me.
This is actually from your mother. I remember pulling the maternity clothes out after your brother and before I had you. I remember looking at the jaunty little pinstriped sailor suit and could not believe that I had actually worn it. Everything was stretched out beyond belief! Fortunately (I guess) you filled them back out pretty quickly! I am excited to meet the new person that is making you so distended.
Bryony - Better than you have done in the past or better than you will be doing in the near future? (i.e. are you planning on wearing maternity clothes come the new year?)
Sorry -- no, I'm not. It just took me a solid three months to get back to actual pre-pregnancy size with Elle. I think I was wearing maternity clothes (or in-betweeny clothes, at least) for most of that time.
Post a Comment