Today was one of those days where it just drizzled all day long. So the park was out of the question. And Emily was sick, but not sick enough to stare glassy eyed at the TV all day. She was just sick enough that the other moms would have (rightfully so) glared at me if I would have let her play at the mall or library. I was racking my brain for something to keep both of us from going crazy until I remembered the little cards in my wallet. We both had gift certificates from our birthdays. I was saving them for a rainy day and I decided today was that day.
Lately, I have been so frustrated that the price of everything has been so out of control. Every week I slog home from the grocery store feeling defeated and frivolous purchases have been out of the question. So I declared today gift card day and went out determined to buy something for each of us that was not a necessity. After a great deal of deliberation, we picked up a Little Einsteins Rocket for Emily. She was thrilled beyond belief and made a miraculous (if momentary) recovery upon returning home and opening her treasure.
My gift card was for Bed Bath and Beyond. Even if I don't buy anything at BB&B, I still love to walk through the whole store, looking at every gadget and hand towel. A half hour of browsing and a pack of fruit snacks (for Emily) later, I found the perfect purchase: a spice rack. I have always wanted an organized way to store my spices and to be perfectly honest, the more pregnant I get, the more ridiculous I look when I climb up on the counter and kneel there while looking for that elusive cumin. Plus this spice rack looks really snazzy on my counter.
I wish every day could be gift card day. It was so nice to go out and buy something I didn't need. Thanks, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Amity!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a pretty snazzy rack. The on that I have is straight from 1987. I've been toying with the thought of completely revamping my spice system.
NO!! Our spice rack is perfectly fine! Rachael, how could you do this to me?!!
It IS a nice spice rack. We ended up tossing ours two moves ago when we had a counter the size of a Monopoly board.
But enough about spices -- have you had your follow-up ultrasound yet?
Post a Comment