So... to my point. Lately, I have been feeling like I can't go a day without having Rachael Ray pop up in some place that grates my nerves. Don't get me wrong - I don't mind her cooking show every so often. It's just that now she has like six shows on food network and another on network TV in addition to her magazine and books and now her face is jumping out at me at the grocery store and even at one of my favorite havens - Bed Bath and Beyond.
She seems to have closed her eyes, pointed to a spinning wheel of products and said "Hmmm... I think I'll make that. What's a great name for a dog food intended to be eaten at the dinner table? I know - Nutrish!"


"And how can I advise people to throw their vegetable peelings into a regular mixing bowl? That's just gross. We should make a garbage bowl and sell it for $17.95 to young mothers who are already swimming in credit card debt".

"What about those people who are dumb enough to think I'm talking about a completely new ingredient when I refer to extra virgin olive oil as evoo? I know. Let's buy up Bertolli's leftover olive oil, slap a label on that says "EVOO", bank on the fact that it's extra cute and hope that someone will buy it!"
"And to top it all off, why would someone want to use a kitchen towel, when they can use a Moppine?"

Am I the only one who's had enough Rachael Ray? I guess I must be because the rest of the country seems to be loving her quirky, fun, girl-next-door wit and wisdom and they can't get enough of her strange mother/child relationship with her dog.
2 comments:
I feel the same way! Except I can't stand Rachael Ray at all anymore. I used to not mind her, but now she's just too much.
Thanks for the post, the world needed it.
I'm not just tired of Rachael Ray, but all the food network stars thinking they can jack up the price of the product just by slapping their face on the packaging. I went to Dillards this weekend and they had a section of Paula Deen Spices. DILLARDS! I'll pay a quarter the price at a less trendy store thanks. If I really need the label, I suppose I could always print a picture off the internet and glue it off the bottle.
Post a Comment