Saturday, August 23, 2008

The End of a Very Long Week

This past week I have been a full time student. I was never keen on taking compressed courses in college, and time hasn't altered that opinion. That aside I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity. I don't have to worry about continuing education credits again until my yet to be born child is a toddler.

This week was the first time I put Emily in day care. It was traumatic for us both (although I tend to think it was more traumatic for me). She had a great time while I was in class, fingerpainting, playing with playdoh and making shaving cream sculptures. She was with friends of mine whom she has known all all her life. I knew she was in good hands. Still, it was great picking her up on Friday afternoon knowing that we were going back to life as we knew it.

While I was in class, my house stayed so much cleaner without Emily to mess it up. I didn't have to tell her to leave things alone a thousand times a day and I never asked myself my favorite question: Did she eat enough of this (fill in the blank) that I should call poison control? Something tells me that Monday morning, when I don't have to drop her off for the day, I won't mind those things so much.

No comments: