Thursday, September 25, 2008

Something More Definitive

Today was ultrasound part II and I finally know that we are having a girl. So everyone asks: is that what you wanted? Well, what I really wanted was a baby (of either sex) plus a million dollars, but since that didn't work out, I'll settle for a girl. But now that the idea has started settling in, I have come to realize there are several advantages to having another girl.

1) I will never get pee in my face while changing a diaper.

2) In another decade or so, the whole family can go to the ballet or to a production of Phantom of the Opera and everyone will be happy. Except Chris. But we'll let him choose where we go for dinner afterward to make it up to him.

3) I don't have to buy new clothes. Or crib bedding. The financial benefits will be wonderful.

4) Once I have the bra/deoderant/shaving your legs/becoming a woman talk with Emily she'll immediately pass on the information to her little sister whether I like it or not. That way I'll only have to have the talk once.

5) There is very little chance of urine actually missing the toilet.

I do feel a bit bad for Chris because he will never be able to teach our children to pee standing up or to kill something with their bare hands but since he isn't really the killing with bare hands type, I don't think he'll be missing out on too much. I think we're both fairly satisfied with today's revelation.

Now onto more important things: What color should we paint the room? Seriously, this baby's going to be here in less than three months and I have no idea how to decorate the nursery. Any ideas will be appreciated. I promise some pictures when it's done.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I really like Yellow. It's a happy color. But maybe don't paint the walls yellow, that might turn bad. I would use yellow as an accent.

Also, I bet that they will play together well, mostly. So congratulations on your new happiness!