On December 10th at 3:28 in the afternoon, Jane became a part of our family. She weighed in at a hefty 5 pounds, 12 ounces and was 18.25 inches long. She is a sweet girl and we are very happy to have her. Despite all the fears of my doctors during the pregnancy, Jane was born with a perfectly healthy heart and is very healthy in all other respects. Jane has one special arm that Emily has dubbed the "cute arm". We love her all the more for it and know that Heavenly Father would never have given her a challenge she can't overcome.
Jane has puffy blonde hair just like her sister did. Her eyes are blue and I have given up hope that I can produce a child that looks remotely like me. That aside, although she looks very much like Emily, I can already see the two are very different in personality.
Someday soon, I will share some unswaddled pictures, but for now, Jane starts screaming everytime I unwrap her. I would rather have a peaceful swaddled picture than an unwrapped screaming picture. For now, anything that keeps her happy, keeps me happy. Although, right now, I am just happy she is part of our family.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Jane is blessed to have come into your family.
I'm happy for you! I love the name Jane too.
She is so beautiful! I like pictures of them swaddled. They look so cuddly and peaceful. I clicked on the last picture and she has such pretty coloring! Emily looks like such a proud big sister! I know what you mean about not having a child that looks like you. Though I do have to say; as Emily gets older, I see a lot more of you in her.
Congratulations Rachael and Chris! Jane is so sweet, I love her name too. I can't believe you've had 2 blond kids either! She is a beautiful baby girl, congrats. Hope she's a good baby :), we love the hard ones but it's nice to have a break!
Post a Comment