Sunday, December 21, 2008

A long, long time ago...

Okay, so it wasn't that long ago, but still, it's difficult to remember my life without Chris. We were married eight years ago today. I have to say, hands down, it was the best decision that I ever made. For eight years, Chris has put up with my eccentricities and loved me in spite of them.

In these past eight years, we have lived in three apartments and then, finally, our first house. We have had two beautiful daughters. We have both graduated college and gone through the stress of the PE exam. We have had our share of disappointment, but looking back, I can honestly say that it has only made our marriage stronger. The past eight years have been the best of my life. It's hard to imagine that it all started when Chris finally overcame his nerves enough to blurt out "Will you go to the movies with me?". Thanks, Chris for plucking up enough courage to ask me on that first date and for everything that has happened since. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Sorry for the picture - I'm about five monts pregnant in it, but it was the only recent one of us together - besides the nine months pregnant one that was taken two weeks ago and I'm not about to share that. I think we should get glamour shots for Christmas.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Hooray for you guys! I'm happy for you. Here's to another 8, then 8 more, and then 8 more, and then 8 more.

Chris Pivik said...

You guys look so happy together. Congrats!

But seriously, I love you too. More than I can express in words. Also,thanks for the Blog entry. Now, if only I had thought of doing it myself...because I'm feeling like a pretty pathetic husband now.