Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just watch it... It's cool. I promise

I'm usually  not one to post long videos on my blog, but I had to share this one because it makes me happy. I have been watching tons of videos on the i-LIMB since I first read about it. It is an incredibly advanced artificial hand that just became commercially available in 2008.



At first, I couldn't figure out why I loved this particular video so much. Then it hit me: this guy sees his i-LIMB as a cool new gadget to show off. I also love it because he's doing every day tasks with it. I look forward to seeing Jane with something similar in the future.

4 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

Wow! That is amazing! We're so blessed to live in the day and age when technology can do so much for the human body. The best part is; Jane will be able to jump over tall cars in a single-bound.

The Jones Family said...

That was awesome! Just think what technology will bring as Jane gets older!!

bryony said...

That really is incredible. We have already benefited so much from medical technology (who was the first person to allow the doctor to cut their kid's achilles tendon in the hopes it would fix a club foot anyway?) and I know your lives will be deeply touched, too. It's awesome, and I'm so happy for you and excited for your hopes for Jane. How young do they ever outfit a child with something like that?

Rachael said...

Unfortunately, these hands are only available in adult sizes now. We will have our first visit to the orthopedist in a few months to come up with a game plan for when we want Jane to be fitted with her first hand. Hopefully that will be sometime in the preschool years.