DVR: I love my DVR. I can't believe that I used to watch TV shows when they were actually being aired, commercials and all. Nowadays, I don't even know what night most of my favorite shows are on, let alone the time. They just magically appear on my DVR and when I am done watching them (in their original quality nonetheless), I make them go away with the click of a button. Brilliant! No more masking tape labeled VHS tapes!
Sinus Rinse: Seriously, this has changed my life. I was sitting in the doctor's office last winter with my annual sinus infection when he told me about this. Is it gross? Heck yeah. But it's the best thing to happen to my nose since Abby the dog died and she stopped stinking up the garage.High Speed Internet: I can't believe I used to be happy with dial-up. Now I can watch videos of skateboarding dogs to my heart's content.

The Baby Bjorn Front Carrier: I'm actually wearing this as I type. Thank you, folks at Baby Bjorn for giving me my hands back.

Netflix: When I first heard about Netflix, I thought it was a dumb idea. Now that I have kids every outing is a huge production and it takes us a week to watch a movie. It's like getting a present in the mail every time I see the red envelope.
All Wheel Drive and Anti-lock Brakes: I never had anything but a two wheel drive car with extra locking brakes until I bought my Subaru eight years ago. Winter hasn't been the same since then. Now I would never buy another car without AWD and ABS.
There's just a short list of reasons why I can't live on $300 a month like I did in college. What are some of your favorite "must haves"?
2 comments:
First off; I'm getting some of that nose-rinse. I'm so tired of cold and flu season!
I definitely agree about the DVR. People keep talking about new movies or products, and I recently realized why I never know what they're talking about. I haven't seen a commercial in two years.
My can't live without is my ipod. I am constantly listening to an audio book. I listen when I run, clean, get ready, cook, etc. Even though I have only had my ipod for two years, I can't remember life without it.
Let’s see…Items I can’t live without.
1. A smartphone or PDA/cell phone. Even though I’m in the dark ages of technology with my Motorola Q, there is still no way I could go back to a regular cell phone with a regular dial pad, no calendar and no apps to download.
2. Google. I don’t know how I’d function without Google and all their wonderful 3rd party apps. Most of the non-work applications I have at work are provided by Google. And 90% of all my apps on my phone are created by Google. Now, Gmail engineers, if you are listening…I want a desktop client powered by Google Gears that can check multiple accounts seamlessly. DO IT!!!
3. Xbox 360. At first I thought…hmmm, how am I going to sell the idea of this to Rachael? But once Netflix added streaming movies to the 360 I knew it was going to be a hit. Plus the fact I can play Call of Duty: World at War (or as Emily calls it: Wizard of Wizards) with friends from around the world it really takes the cake. It’s so much more than a gaming console.
4. A large vehicle. Call it being American, but I’m sick to death of small vehicles (at least sedans). Give me a hatchback, SUV or pickup any day.
Post a Comment