Friday, July 31, 2009

Speaking With an Accent

Here is a quick summary of how I ended up with one child for four days:

Frontier Days sucks.

So we stayed for the requisite parade on the first Saturday:


And the Thunderbirds on Wednesday:

But after the static air show (during which Emily attempted to hijack a helicopter):

We escaped the crowds of Frontier Days and went to Rock Springs. We had a lovely time and it was great to visit all the old stomping grounds. But when we returned to Cheyenne, Emily stayed in Rock Springs for four glorious days.

What did I do with my four days of having one baby and no preschooler? I painted! Most of the painting was very boring. My house was born with flat paint on the walls. Not good for kids. So Chris and I painted over a good portion of the downstairs with satin paint in the exact same shade. It looks nice and clean, but still very beige and boring.

Here's what's not boring: I painted my first accent wall:

I am still getting used to it, but I think I like it. I need something to break it up, though. Maybe a "Bless this Mess" plaque. Chris suggested painting a yellow steamboat on either side. Thus pointing out (after I had already finished painting) that I had selected Wyoming Brown for my accent wall. I still like it.

4 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

OOH! I really like it. When Simon was about 6 months old, I got so tired of my beige walls, I painted one red. Now I want to paint another one brown.
If it is Wyoming brown though, a steam boat is a ridiculous idea. You should paint the buffalo on one end and Dick Cheney on the other.

Ginger said...

Well, great job. We've got a lot of shades of Cowboy Brown around here. It's too much of a good thing in my opinion. At least you only have one wall so far.

The Jones Family said...

I think it looks great! You could o a simple floral spray above the accent wall. I'm a fan of the earth tones. I like browns. Well done!!

Allison said...

I love the brown paint, looks great. Enjoy those grandmas. It's the best when you get a break. Amzing how much easier life is with only one baby :)- course I didn't think that when Grace was the baby- oh well.