Here's how Jane looked a year ago:
And here's how she looks now:
It's amazing to see how much she has changed. A year ago she was just a screaming lump. Now she is a happy, mischievous girl that laughs all the time and calls anything with a face "baby". We are so blessed to have her in our lives.
Jane has the dubious honor of having quadrupled her birth weight by 1 year of age. As much as my arms and neck and legs ache from hauling her around, I am much happier with her entering this flu season at 23 pounds than I was at her entering last season at 5 pounds, 12 ounces.
We kept Jane's first birthday pretty low-key. We ate her favorites for dinner - hot dogs and mac and cheese. You don't have to eat vegetables on your birthday.
This was followed by presents
And cake
And then a very necessary bath.
Yay for Jane!
Yay for birthdays!
Yay for whole milk, honey and forward facing carseats!
How time flies!
5 comments:
Wow, how time flies. It's like she was just born yesterday...20 years ago.
So if 1 year equals 20, then she'll be out of the house when she's 360. Is that right? Loren refuses to give me the answer.
Happy Birthday Jane! She looks so cute in that picture with Chris (you look alright Chris). I love the little flower in her hair. When people said "Wow I can't believe he's already 2" on Simon's birthday, I came up with a polite response... "I can't really remember life without him." That's my way of saying "It feels more like 26 years."
Ginger,
Jane will be 18 when she leaves home. I, on the other hand will be 447 because I have aged 20 years for each year since I turned 27 and will continue to do so until the girls leave home. At that point, I will begin to age backwards. At least I hope that's how it will work.
I love your comments about time feeling like 20 years- I agree, becauese I'm always feeling like I'm the only one feeling that way:). I also agree that you can't exactly say that in public conversation, but you said it perfectly. Happy Birthday to Jane. One year old is great, even better with the real kid advancements and not attitude yet. . at least I hope for your sakes. She sure is a cutie. You guys have beautiful girls.
Post a Comment