Tuesday, December 8, 2009

O Christmas Tree

For future reference: December 5th is a bit late to get a fresh Christmas tree. But through perseverance and a bit of luck, Christmas was saved by the firefighter's Christmas tree sale which had just started a couple days earlier. Not only did we get a beautiful tree, the proceeds went to a local charity.

Last night for Family Home Evening, we decorated our tree and I successfully resisted the desire to spread out some of Emily's ornament clusters.

While we decorated, Jane practiced her stair climbing skills. She still doesn't walk, or crawl with her tummy off the ground but she has figured out the stairs, thus making her a danger to herself which is, I believe, exactly what she intended.
Sorry about the picture. I think I had the camera on Bigfoot Capture mode.

1 comment:

Ami Paulsen said...

Emily was just trying to make the tree feng shui. Great job Emily. And YAY JANE! Good job climbing those stairs. I remember how scary that is when they first learn that dreaded skill. I really wanted to attach Simon to a bungee cord in case he fell.