Wednesday, February 17, 2010

All You Need is Love

This year, we decided to do something crazy for Valentine's day and actually celebrate. I know it was made up by greeting card and chocolate companies, but sometimes it's fun to just have something to celebrate in the middle of the long, dark, cold winter.

We kicked things off with a party for our playgroup the Friday before V-day. It ended up being a great time for the 13 - 4 and under (yes, I'm pretty sure I am sane) that came. We decorated sugar cookies and then the kids played, pointedly ignoring my "toss the hearts in the mailbox" game.

Here's what Emily's finished product looked like. I had to cut her off from the pink sprinkles or she would have used the whole bottle:

Why would I invite small children over to decorate cookies? Well, here's why: We're planning on getting bamboo floors for the family/dining rooms and I wanted to seal the deal, put the final nail in the carpeted coffin and leave us with no choice but to go forward. The kids didn't destroy the carpet as thoroughly as I had hoped, but we still have plans to drive down to D-town on Monday to pick up our lovely bamboo floor. I'm totally excited. Betcha can't guess what I'll be blogging about in the near future...

So then, on Saturday, Chris gave me chocolates and roses and I made a super romantic, gourmet, after-kids'-bedtime meal for Chris and me: Crab Alfredo for dinner and Chocolate Cakes with Liquid Centers for dessert. I have linked the recipes because the egomaniac in me says that some of you may want to recreate my dinner (and dress up like me while you cook) but I won't post any pictures of the meal itself because 1)I didn't take any pictures and 2) Is it just me or is my blog becoming too obsessed with food? Instead, here's a cute picture of Emily dancing with Jane:


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Bamboo!! You are so lucky. I can't even believe how lucky you are. I can't wait to see pics of the new flooring. The cookies look good too by the way. I may need to make myself some of those.