(if anyone has a picture of the original S.V. day please send a scan to me)
I had the best gal pals in the world. Two of these lovely ladies were my roomies (a third was almost) but we all spent a lot of time together and made some great memories. These gals (along with the guys who were then absent serving the Lord) were what made college four of the best years of my life.
So you can imagine why I was super excited when one of my old roomies told me she would be visiting our great state over Christmas and wanted to crash with us for a couple days.
We had a great time catching up on old times. I felt like I was 18 again and putting off studying to gab, instead of a worn out mom whose kids were fighting sleep upstairs.
Our kids took to each other just as immediately as we had become friends as freshmen.
I felt a little bad when our town had nothing more exciting to offer them than a "train" tour at Terry Bison Ranch, but things get a little boring round these parts in winter.
(this is why there are quotes around the word "train")
I have always envisioned a world where camels and buffalo can live in peace and it's nice to know that it's finally been achieved.
Finally, we did see some buffalo and they were all I've ever dreamed of (or seen in a Yellowstone traffic jam)
The top one is a Beefalo - a buffalo with more beefy goodness.
I am, however, comfortable giving my professional opinion that this fancy little structure falls into the "rickety" category. It is an excellent example of this "ranch engineering" I've been hearing about my whole career.
The only problem came when Jane decided she wanted a pony. I had to tell her no.
Was the Terry Bison Ranch weird? Yessir. Was it fun? Definitely. Cleaning out the stalls at said ranch would have been fun with these friends. Still... it wasn't fun enough to tempt them back to God's Country.
Thanks for the visit, L&G!





4 comments:
It looks like a great time was had by all.
I have to say that I felt the spirit leave us as we drove into Nebraska when we left.
So when you come to visit us, we'll take you through a corn-maze. Then we'll be even.
We're totally going to that ranch with you when we finally officially move to Denver.
As I looked at the pictures of the college days I realized that I still might be mad at Ginger for getting married and me ending up as RS president :)
Post a Comment