Friday, April 1, 2011

My Passport to Adventure

This week, for the very first time in my life, I became a passported individual. See? Here it is:

I know for most people this wouldn't be a big deal, but for me it's news.

Where are we going that I need a passport? Well, here are some hints:

1) It is the fourth largest country in the world.
2) We will be visiting a city which hosted the Olympics.
3) In this country, the deadliest animal to humankind is the moose.
4) Our trip will include visits to a strait, a sound and an ocean.
5) Although this country can claim pristine natural beauty, it can also be blamed for Pamela Anderson, Nickelback and Brokeback Mountain.

No fair looking on Wikipedia.
For those of you who have figured out my impossible pop quiz, you may be wondering if a passport is even necessary for travel to this land of wonders. As of very recently, it is. And it still counts as out of country. And, as a bonus, we didn't get the kids passports because they won't be coming with.

Eat your hearts out, hosers.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

I totally thought that last line read, "Eat your heart out Hoosiers!" Maybe I take offence easily?

Anyway, how fun for you! The only place we've ever gone without our children is the movies. I'm excited to hear more about your upcoming trip.

Chris Pivik said...

A few thoughts:

1. Pamela Anderson - okay I can't say anything good there.
2. Nickelback - Same here.
3. Brokeback Moutain - if it weren't for this movie the world wouldn't have the line, "I wish I knew how to quit you!"

I digress.

Good work here, carry on.

Ami Paulsen said...

Yes but they get points for William Shatner. Eh?

Michelle said...

I had to google most of your info in order to figure this out. I'm a science teacher not a geography teacher and pretty much I suck at any other subject besides the one I teach...
When are you going?

Jenny said...

Which province will you be visiting? (and, yes, I'm jealous)

Oh, make sure you have Nanaimo bars. They are a chocolate lovers dream.

Rachael said...

Michelle: We're looking at midsummer - waiting for the airfare volatility to settle down a little.

Jen: We're going to B.C., planning on hitting Vancouver and Victoria. Thanks for the tip on the Nanaimo bars. They will be on the "must eat" list!