Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

I love Easter. It's a great time to celebrate, the kids love our little traditions and it's about a tenth the work and cost of Christmas.

Who wouldn't love some good old fashioned egg dyeing?

And the loot.

(I must add that only about half of this loot was parent contributed and that 90% of the candy is still in the cupboard, being doled out a few pieces at a time.)

I'm pretty sure that no one loved having 9:00 church. That kind of situation results in Easter morning pictures like this:



 Things improved after church when the kids remembered their loot.


While munching jellybeans, Emily announced, "There was a kid in my class who thought the Easter Bunny was real. I told him he's not real". Like mother, like daughter. Still, we tried to instill a bit more sensitivity in her.

We rounded out our celebration with dinner and an egg hunt with our wonderful adopted family.


All in all it was a lovely celebration and the kids even managed to remember from time to time what we were celebrating. I would consider that an overwhelming success.

No comments: