With those two bombshells having been dropped, we decided it was time to paint. And with the additional shock of a few price estimates from painters, we decided it was time that we painted our house ourselves.
It took us three days to take the house from this:
(Obviously this is not a recent picture, but we kind of forgot the "before"shot)
To this:
We really liked the main body color, which is why we chose it in the first place, so we decided to use a similar color, but switch up the accent color and lighten the trim a touch.
Here is some interesting trivia associated with our house painting adventure:
- We went through 16 gallons of paint.
- Chris logged approximately 30 hours of painting time.
- I logged approximately 6
- A paintbrush duct-taped to a dowel makes an excellent tool for reaching 2nd floor eaves.
- It is impossible to paint while small children are running around the yard (this accounts for my token amount of help)
It's nice to have a freshly painted house, but I hope the next 7 years go slowly... very slowly.

3 comments:
Looks so great!
Your 6 hours were appreciated! While I was simply painting the house you were wrangling the kids and keeping them occupied. Couldn't have done it without you.
Thank you so much.
I like it!!!
Post a Comment