Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Game and Some Wild Game

I was going to wait until the end of the holiday weekend to document our celebration as a whole. However, if I wait much longer the task will be too overwhelming to contemplate, so here is Part I of our Independence Weekend Raise the Roof Blowout Epic Party.

On Friday, my brother in law, Jacob, had tickets to a Rockies game which he so generously shared with our family. I had never been to a major league baseball game before, so this was all new to me.... and to Chris... and to Emily who loved the celebratory atmosphere despite her lack of understanding when it came to the game itself.


From the game dog

to the game cotton candy


to the game ending fireworks, she loved it all.

All this food and pyrotechnics was somehow connected to this:
 but Emily tried not to concern herself too much with it. (Jane spent the evening with Grandma, for which we were grateful)

The next day, we were up at at it again for a trip to the zoo where we saw some animals.



From which Jane spent the day protecting her yard o' Icee.
 
 (Jane and cousin Simon hitching a ride)


My favorite attraction? This guy's shirt. The camera doesn't do it justice, but the off white shirt on the guy behind me was completely made of a sheer material, making it totally see-through. It was amazing. Really. Actually, it was so hot that by the end of the day I was ready to ask him where he got his duds.


It was a great weekend. Thanks, Ami, Jacob, Simon, Lucy, Grandma and Grandpa for a lovely time.

3 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

We had so much fun! We should do it again! But only if we invite Mr. sheer shirt come a long. You got his number right?

Jacob S. Paulsen said...

Yeah... more parties to come

Chris Pivik said...

It's the best weekend I've had in a long, long time! Way to go Jacob for the tickets and planning, Kevin for the food, shirts...etc. and Ami and Susan for the babysitting.

I can't wait to do it again.