Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Annual Giving of Thanks Ceremony

This year we were able to host Thanksgiving for the first time. It was so nice to be able to see our family and to cook my little heart out. I love cooking and it was nice to have an excuse to do it.

Our Thanksgiving started with a pre-Thanksgiving visit from Ryan and his family, to whom Emily tried to transfer her love of Kinect.

For Thanksgiving proper, we were able to have my sister's family as well as my parents, Chris' brother and his dad. Chris' mom was under the weather and she was greatly missed. Nonetheless, we had a lovely time.







Black Friday was a perfect time to christen my parents' new house with a birthday party for Simon and Jane. The kids had a great time playing with cousins and we are so happy they live close enough that we can see them so often.





We topped off the weekend with our town's Christmas parade.

And we remembered how cold it gets sitting on the sidewalk waiting for a parade that starts late. We'll probably forget by next year and go again.

1 comment:

Chris Pivik said...

This was a great Thanksgiving. I loved seeing family and eating lots of food. I am thankful for both. I'm also thankful for your blog posts. :)