Monday, February 20, 2012

I Only Have (Pink) Eyes for You

This year, Valentine's began, quite appropriately, with a red dawn.... in Jane's eyes, that is. For some reason, our kids always seem to be sick on party days. Last week was no exception. Jane was struck with a case of pinkeye that barred her from her preschool celebration.

Daddy did his best to make up for the loss with a thoughtful gift and card.


Emily's eyes were unaffected, which was good because it takes a 5-year old a long time to cut out 25 hearts and write the names of classmates, teachers and aides on those hearts.




There was cookie decorating.


And loot collecting.

And I even busted out my creative side long enough to cut tiny heart shapes out of colby jack cheese for the kindergartners' cracker enjoyment. I wish I had taken a picture of this to present as evidence to Emily that I do not, in fact, neglect her as grievously as she claims.

And as for myself, I awoke to a box of gourmet chocolates and was presented with a dozen red roses once I got to work. Once again, no pictorial evidence. You'd think I'd be better at this since my phone is my constant companion and it's equipped with a camera. Nonetheless, I felt extremely loved. Mission accomplished, Chris.

Thanks to the love of my life for making this a great Valentine's day for the girls and me!

No comments: