It came in the mail yesterday.
It smells of
pretentiousness.
It is an abomination.
It is on par with Aaron's golden calf.
It is all Emily has been able to talk about for the last year and a half.
She told us it was ALL she wanted for her birthday. I hope she means it because this doll and the accessories she came with represent our entire birthday purchase for Emily.
Next week we'll see if she really does mean it.
Oh... and if it takes the last ounce of strength I have in my body to refuse to have a party for this doll, or to dress this doll in a dress that matches Emily's so we can properly attend a high tea/formal dinner/garden party I will gladly expend that last ounce. Just so you know...
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel you Rachel. Lizzy has been asking for one for like 3 years. Grandma finally got one for her. She thinking that doll has to go EVERYWHERE with us. I keep telling her it is just a doll...boy you should see the look she gave me. good luck!
It's crazy that I'd never even heard about American Girl until a few years ago. I actually thought that Leah would want one too, but she's not interested. I should count my blessings...
Gosh, I was going to make matching wardrobe items. It's a good thing I have been warned. Now what to do with 5 yards of calico?
Post a Comment