We actually decorated a Christmas tree. I am particularly proud of this accomplishment this year.
Today we were able to attend Mila's presentation in Denver. Mila is the daughter of Brian, Chris' brother, and Virginia, his wife. She is adorable and happy. The presentation ceremony was beautiful and Emily and Jane cannot get enough of their baby cousin.
Here is the lovely little family along with the Godparents. Virginia has been one of my guiding lights through surgery and chemo. I can't express what it means to me to see her 8 years from her diagnosis, with a sweet baby who looks so much like my own little girls.
We traveled to Denver the night before because I have treatment every Thursday. Typically, I crash on Friday evenings and stay crashed all day Saturday. That means Chris was a hero on this trip, getting the kids out the door, dealing with complaints and cleaning up vomit that went down right as we got to Denver. I don't know how I would do it without him.
So speaking of which, here is my obligatory update: I have 5 chemo treatments left. It will probably take more than 5 weeks to finish up, though, because I will probably have to push at least one treatment back on account of the nerve damage that is occurring as a side effect of this drug. Other than that, I am tired. I am overwhelmed.
I am overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do in every aspect of my life on what little energy I have. But more than that I am overwhelmed by the friends who know exactly what I need and when to take over for me. By my counselors and secretary who frequently don't wait for an assignment before filling a need in the Primary. I love these ladies. By my friends who know I would rather collapse than ask for help. So they do things unbidden and unnamed. Such as decorate my porch. Every month. I have no idea who does it, but I love them.
Mostly I'm overwhelmed by my husband who attends every infusion with me and provides me with mint tea and figures out how to get around the blocks on Netflix and Hulu that the hospital has put on their wifi. And who helps out with science projects and who cleans up puke. And who tells me I am beautiful when I am not. Someday I will make it up to him. With a really ridiculous car that is totally age inappropriate. Because he's earned it.





1 comment:
I'm just glad I can help in some way. You mean the world to me.
That said, I do really like the Tesla X...but would settle for a S model.
Post a Comment