Saturday, January 9, 2016

Christmas 2015

Last Christmas Jane had the flu. Her fever got so high she was delirious. We kept saying that next Christmas would be better. Well, it rolled around and here I was... at the end of chemo. I'm not going to speculate about next Christmas. But all in all this Christmas wasn't bad.

I had treatment on Christmas eve, so I crashed on Christmas day, but there we managed to have a decent Christmas after all. 

We had Christmas eve pajamas


and Daddy reading the Christmas story from the bible


and going to see lights


Just looking at this house makes me tired, thinking of all the work that went into it. 


The loot had been prepared well in advance, so we just had to schlep it up from the basement.


And then the wonder of Christmas morning happened.



I even managed to make our traditional cinnamon rolls for breakfast. 


The kids got Kindle Fires. I have been holding out for a very long time on tablets for the kids. Chris convinced me that the Fires could be locked down sufficiently to be safe for the kids. We also locked them down so that they are primarily used for reading. You'll thank us someday, kids. When your classmate's brains are rotted from too many games and movies on their tablets. You're welcome. 


No comments: