Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2016

This year was a very typical Christmas. But it wasn't. For the first time in three years, we were all healthy. Two years ago, Jane was struck with influenza. Last year... we don't speak of last year. 

We did the same things as always. We had our cake on Christmas Eve...


then kids opened their new pajamas...


and we went to go see lights.



We opened up presents...


and more presents...


and more presents. (Chris was not in a single picture this year. That is a failure on my part. He was there and he participated enthusiastically.)


And we ate our disgustingly sugary breakfast.


It was the same as any other year. And that, in itself is a miracle that I was scared wouldn't happen. 

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I love it!
I believe that I got the same zip up Wyoming cowboys jacket for Christmas that you are wearing in your picture. Nice!
I'm so happy that it was a normal Christmas for you. Thanks for the recent updates and the beautiful Christmas card. They made me happy:)