Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Sweet 16

Sixteen years ago, Chris and I made a promise. The promise wasn't that things would be perfect or that we would always succeed at everything. The promise was that we wouldn't give up on each other. That promise is still good.

Things have been very different this past year. I swing from the extreme high of "Carpe Diem!" to the fear of being sick again. Because of that, we went on a lot of adventures this year. I am well now and although I have very good odds of continuing to be well, I don't want to put anything off.  


It was a rebuilding year for us. Me trying to be human again and both of us trying to remember how we related to each other before I became a chemo zombie.


We tried to create some great new memories to wipe out the bad. 


We lived, we loved, we celebrated. And we tried not to take a single minute of it for granted. 


There's no one else I would rather rebuild with.

Chris' anniversary gift to me says it all. 

After all this time? Always. 


I love you, Chris. Happy anniversary!

No comments: